Tuesday 27 October 2009

DAY 27 SUNDAY 18TH OCTOBER, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

Up at 7am and went for nice run down to the river. There were hundreds of cyclists already there about to go on a sponsored bike raid – and what a lovely ride that must be. I don’t run that far as I need to prepare for the day before going to the cinema to watch a couple of films before my own screening. First up was a thoroughly decent film called Seraphine and the second was the excellent National Theatre performance (filmed and sent to Australia on tape) of All’s Well that Ends Well. Then it was Beethoven time. Pretty well sold out though only a 130 seater. The film went well – and one thing I am starting to notice is that members of the audience seem to have a more profound connection to Beethoven and his music, I have had quite a few on this trip telling me that Beethoven’s music helped them ‘out of a hole’ or through some life crisis or other. More people are certainly moved through the film too – again, more than one has been so emotional after the film that they have found it hard to talk to me. Maybe there is something deeper about Beethoven. I have my views on this but I’m still reserving judgement a little until I have had more screenings. After this one, I went for quick snack with Carol – from the local radio station, who hosted the Q&A, Trent who works for the distributor and the lovely Teri who was publicist on Mozart and now works for a group of lawyers attempting to bring the world closer to being nuclear weapon-free. Good luck on that one, teri!

No comments: