Friday 16 October 2009

DAY 20 SUNDAY 11th OCTOBER, WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

Blast! It’s a beautiful sunny day – their first in 3 weeks. That won’t help… I spent all morning not in the sun but indoors on emails – that really is a theme of this trip. Anyway, headed out at lunchtime for the cinema and another double-bill. I was still expecting a good audience. After all, this very cinema played In Search of Mozart for 6 – yes, six! – months…. I am extremely disappointed to see only 10 people have turned up in a 450 seat cinema. That is awful. But I can learn from this and there are definitely changes to how this whole thing will be done next time. Too many links in the chain and, as they say, you are only as good as the weakest link. Evening ended a bit better with a snack and quick driving tour of Wellington with a very good local film-maker Jennifer Bush-Daumec. After that, I packed and prepared for tomorrow’s flight to the next country: Australia.

No comments: