Monday 19 October 2009

DAY 21 MONDAY 12th OCTOBER, WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND to BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Half-way through the tour now. Energy levels still good. New York seems a long time ago though…I kind of hope that Hong Kong comes a bit faster. Anyway, I took an early flight from Wellington to Sydney, then had a four hour stop-over in Sydney (where I worked on my computer) and then caught a plane to Brisbane. Arrived to a beautiful hot sunny day…the kind of day that really should be a holiday. Met by my distributor Gil Scrine and we headed off to Noosa Heads for tonight’s screening. It’s a couple of hours drive north of Brisbane and, Gil being Gil, first things first on arrival: a swim in the sea. These ozzies can’t help it – they are irresistibly drawn to the sea like bees to honey. I have to agree it was great to play in the waves for 30 minutes or so… Then, drying off in the car park as best I could, it was dressed and off to the local cinema. Lovely multi-screen cinema showing a much broader mix of films than our multiplexes do. Well, that’s illustrated by my presence. Screening went well – back to full crowds which is a relief after NZ. Late night drive back to an apartment hotel in Brisbane.

No comments: