Friday 16 October 2009

DAY 15 TUESDAY 6th OCTOBER, VANCOUVER, CANADA

A typical film festival day for me. Loads of emails, and sending packages, posters, flyers and postcards around. Great that my brother here to help me. We both then went for a run in the beautiful Stanley Park before heading over for a screening of a film we wanted to see about Laos. A first time feature by a nice Irish woman. Well shot and interesting. She had to tough it out with no real funding until the Irish Film Board stepped in at the end with completion funds. This was her first international screening and I wish her well. She’s the type of film-maker broadcasters should support….
My film was on at 3pm and went very well again. After that my bro and I headed for dinner and then another film about Tibet. I lasted two minutes before falling asleep. Went back to the hotel to go to sleep. I woke when my brother came in and we worked & talked until 2am. Then I really did need to go to bed….

No comments: