Friday 16 October 2009

DAY 18 FRIDAY 9th OCTOBER, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND

I have to say that the Qantas flight was great. Love to fly with them again. I also had a funny experience of the guy next to me putting on the in-flight entertainment and choosing one of my films! Meanwhile I watched one of the worst films I have ever seen: Angels & Demons. It was so awful on so many levels…I couldn’t stop watching it it was so bad…So maybe that was the idea.
I arrived in Auckland at 0830am and checked into a crummy hotel in a pretty dismal part of Auckland. My mood wasn’t helped by my arrival at the cinema at 10.30 for the start of a special double bill of Mozart & Beethoven. It seems that there has been a real paucity of advertising – the cinema is only half, maybe a third, full. Considering how well IN SEARCH OF MOZART did in Auckland, I am very disappointed. My mood was improved only by the positive reaction of those who did come, a very nice cinema manager who said she’d love to show more of my films, and a very nice dinner with a local distributor (mainly DVD these days) and his wife & friends.

No comments: