Friday 12 August 2016

EXHIBITION ON SCREEN in Russia


May 20-23 2016.

A thrilling few days in Russia - one of the absolute homes of art. 
EXHIBITION ON SCREEN is becoming increasingly popular across the country and I was delighted to be invited for a special Museum Weekend of screenings in St Petersburg and Moscow.
I attended 6 museum screenings and every one was packed. It was also great to see such a mixed demographic - lots of youngsters, young couples as well as our more traditional older audience.

Just as exciting of course was to wander the streets of St Petersburg - home of the extraordinary Hermitage Art Gallery (that we are to be working with soon) - and Moscow the next day. 


I had been to Moscow in the 1990s while making a film about Marshall Zhukov - and it's barely recognisable today. Modern, thriving, wealthy - at least on the surface in the centre of the city. I went to visit the Pushkin and Tretyakov museums too - stunning collections.  I can't wait to come back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! Tell me please when will it be possible to watch any of your art film in Russia again?
I live in Belarus, it's next to Russia. Are you going to show anything about art in Belarus?

Elena