Monday 18 February 2013

Sunday 17th of February

A beautiful day in Brighton - clear blue skies, crisp cool air and barely a breeze.  Today was the Brighton half-marathon and thus the first of my three runs to try and raise the funds for a female teacher for Mir's school in remote Northern Afghanistan.  Luckily, despite all the craziness of our Manet film (and other projects) I had found early mornings and late evenings to get some runs & training in so I wasn't too frightened at the prospect of 13.1 miles (unlike my terror of 26.2 miles!) and I filled up on pasta last night and porridge this morning.  Whatever happened, that was going to be burnt off.  Good running shoes help, good running gear helps but most important of all is your music selection...and I'd been working on the perfect running choice.  Sometimes bands like U2 and Oasis are just what you need. Loud.  Anyway, all went well and I finished in a PB (personal best).  I still can't imagine having to do that circuit twice though...but I've got 8 weeks to convince myself and my calfs that I can.   If anyone fancies throwing in a few quid and making the aches and pains worthwhile please visit my justgiving page here.
Image from runbritain.com

No comments: